Tuesday 5 April 2011

# 13 Bird in the mashed potatoes


Since I sprain my leg last week, I did not do much of bento for my girl.  My right leg is now slimmer, not so swollen so it looks slim a bit but still not as slim as the left leg LOL.  I can even see the blue black + red color (blood) on that right leg.  Tomorrow am taking leave for 3 days and going for physio at UH and checkup at DSH and finally visiting the dentist.. it's all scheduled in this 3 days, since mom is going for Korea trip!  So hope she enjoy her trip.. well, I'm sure she will.

Back to my bento, normally, for mash potatoes, I'll steam the potatoes for 30mins and then add in butter + milk + salt. So for this bento, my best friend was telling me to use cream cheese instead of milk and boil it instead of steam.  My girl love this very much.. well her favourite is potatoes!! especially french fries!!! With this mash potatoes, the 2 little container is with chicken gravy.  She ate it all in the car before she even reaches the kinder LOL.  The other bento is just half an orange and a prune.

I did try to have garlic mashed in her potatoes but she doesn't like it.. the reason is, she just don't like garlic! Below is the recipe I found somewhere that I've forgotten where it is from.. well, enjoy :)

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

1 lb potatoes (2 large)
2 cups skim milk / non fat / whole milk
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Peel potatoes, cut in quarters.  Cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25mins or until tender.  Remove from heat. Drain and cover the pot.

In saucepan, over low heat, cook the garlic in milk until garlic is soft about 30mins.  Add milk-garlic mixture with white pepper to potatoes.  Mash the potatoes until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment